New York family seeks an experienced, energetic detail- oriented full time Estate Manager to oversee their principle home located in downtown, Manhattan. Large, active residence with busy family requires an organized individual with a flexible schedule and the ability to multi-task to oversee a myriad of responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
• Work with, manage and supervise contractors and sub-contractors and liaising with architects, designers and art curators
• Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors; HVAC, electrician, plumbing, elevator, etc.
• Supervising construction and renovation projects
• Experience with handling and caring for fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles
• Knowledgeable working with complex household systems; "smart home" systems, Crestron, HVAC, Sonos, etc.
• Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs; landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
• Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality
• Daily walk through of property; interior and exterior - ensuring principles aesthetic
• Be able to travel if needed, passport, driver's license - CPR certified a plus
• Complete oversight of principle home; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures and services
• Manage a large household staff including; housekeepers, chefs, drivers, nannies, security, etc.
• Hire, review and train staff (concierge style attitude and discretion are key)
• Provide weekly and/or monthly schedules for staff - manage vacations and special requests
• Weekly meetings with staff, task delegation, inspections of work
• Work well in and maintain a team environment
• Acting as a point of contact and gatekeeper for principles - providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance and current state of staff
• Constant communication with all staff members - family activity, movement, calendar appointments, guests, dinner parties, in home specialty vendors, etc.
• Order and maintain personal stock for principles; toiletries, clothes, travel supplies, etc.
• Order and maintain household supply inventories - cleaning supplies, linens, beverages and snacks, etc.
• Managing staff environment - ordering groceries and supplies, providing uniforms, upkeep sleeping quarters, providing balance and positive moral
• Communicate and work with other estate managers- updating principles personal products, likes and dislikes, etc. to ensure consistency between all properties
• Keep all closets, drawers and rooms organized and presentable
• Liaison between household and main office; executive assistants, accountants, lawyer, etc.
• Sort and distribute mail to principles and main office
• Organize, package, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household and principles
• Upkeep office supply inventories
• Manage petty cash - maintain and submit record and receipts to main office
• Provide monthly reports for spending with receipts and logs
• Formulate reports of staff hours, cost and any other information requested by principles
• Maintain and update household manuals, employee files and employee and family contact and emergency contact lists
• Formulate Non-Disclosure Agreements and other necessary paperwork for events, vendors, etc.
• Review and submit vendor invoices and employee reimbursement claims to office
• Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during visit
• Dining room table service required - formal and informal
• Overseeing all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly
• Providing wine service, cocktail preparation, coffee/tea and beverage service
• Possess a hands-on attitude - providing service when staff or vendors cannot
• Assist principles with packing for trips
• Organize luggage of family members and guests for trips, ensuring principles travel needs are met
• Knowledge in wine and cigar care a plus
• Be available 24/7 for family members; questions, requests or service
• Assist in procuring, wrapping and distributing gifts
• Manage and supervise family members other residencies - maintenance, renovation, and housekeeping (if necessary)
• Conceptualize and produce holiday events for family; birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, Passover, etc.
• Assisting with any additional care of family, including children and pets
• Handling any special requests, duties or errands
Hands-on Caretaker :
> Candidate must be very hands on Caretaker of both home and grounds:
> Able to drive family and children and take care of cars,
> Fix all kinds of wide ranging things in the house,
> Superb hands-on handy man himself,
> Have good knowledge, pricing and negotiations of plumbing/Heating/AC/Construction/Repairs/Renovations/Security and Alarm system etc
> Oversee gardening & pool,
> Grocery shopping and running errands as needed
> Knows the South of France area and ways very well
> Extremely resourceful, reliable and honest
> Can negotiate and take care of house budget and paying bills
> Schedules and oversees repairs & service men documenting with before/after pictures of works and detail filing/documenting reports
> Sets up and cares for outdoor furniture
> Oversees that the home is impeccable, organized and ready for use at anytime.
> Takes care of packages, mailings and fedexing,
> Must have great spoken and written English + French.
> Great communicator with the Estate Manager and the Principals.
> A plus if flexible to travel 2 months (various weeks) a year to other French properties.
Please note, should only be one Head housekeeper in the property year long and family would travel in with an extra housekeeper and a chef when coming to residence.
All repairs etc must happen out of times family is in the house, so Caretaker must take initiative that all is in order before the family arrives.