Groundskeeper will be responsible for the care and maintenance of a multi-acre property, including all land, shrubbery, gardens, yards, driveways and walkways of the farm/estate.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Have general groundskeeper experience
• Knowledge of vegetable gardens, organics, herbaceous settings
• Knowledge of livestock (specifically cows/goats/chickens)
• Knowledge of woodlands, ponds, swimming pools
• Driving machinery and heavy vehicles is essential
• Groundskeeper needs to know how to use tools, such as axes, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, saws, hammers, hoes, spades, edgers, chainsaws, tractors, hedge clippers, shovels, pruners, shears and/or hoses.
Groundskeeper's Range of Responsibilities
• Care, maintenance and inventory of the machinery used
• Provide routine landscape maintenance such as mowing and cutting lawns; doing gardening tasks; trimming and/or pruning trees and bushes; water trees and shrubs; plant grass, trees and shrubs
• May build, maintain or repair fences
• Scheduling of third party vendors to perform maintenance and repairs throughout property and buildings
• Supervise cleaning and maintenance of pool
• Perform regular walk through of property to assess issues/needs as they arise
• Plow property and apply salt on driveways and walkways after it snows; remove leaves from walkways and other areas