New York family seeks an experienced, energetic detail- oriented full time Estate Manager to oversee their principle home located in downtown, Manhattan. Large, active residence with busy family requires an organized individual with a flexible schedule and the ability to multi-task to oversee a myriad of responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
• Work with, manage and supervise contractors and sub-contractors and liaising with architects, designers and art curators
• Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors; HVAC, electrician, plumbing, elevator, etc.
• Supervising construction and renovation projects
• Experience with handling and caring for fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles
• Knowledgeable working with complex household systems; "smart home" systems, Crestron, HVAC, Sonos, etc.
• Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs; landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
• Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality
• Daily walk through of property; interior and exterior - ensuring principles aesthetic
• Be able to travel if needed, passport, driver's license - CPR certified a plus
• Complete oversight of principle home; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures and services
• Manage a large household staff including; housekeepers, chefs, drivers, nannies, security, etc.
• Hire, review and train staff (concierge style attitude and discretion are key)
• Provide weekly and/or monthly schedules for staff - manage vacations and special requests
• Weekly meetings with staff, task delegation, inspections of work
• Work well in and maintain a team environment
• Acting as a point of contact and gatekeeper for principles - providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance and current state of staff
• Constant communication with all staff members - family activity, movement, calendar appointments, guests, dinner parties, in home specialty vendors, etc.
• Order and maintain personal stock for principles; toiletries, clothes, travel supplies, etc.
• Order and maintain household supply inventories - cleaning supplies, linens, beverages and snacks, etc.
• Managing staff environment - ordering groceries and supplies, providing uniforms, upkeep sleeping quarters, providing balance and positive moral
• Communicate and work with other estate managers- updating principles personal products, likes and dislikes, etc. to ensure consistency between all properties
• Keep all closets, drawers and rooms organized and presentable
• Liaison between household and main office; executive assistants, accountants, lawyer, etc.
• Sort and distribute mail to principles and main office
• Organize, package, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household and principles
• Upkeep office supply inventories
• Manage petty cash - maintain and submit record and receipts to main office
• Provide monthly reports for spending with receipts and logs
• Formulate reports of staff hours, cost and any other information requested by principles
• Maintain and update household manuals, employee files and employee and family contact and emergency contact lists
• Formulate Non-Disclosure Agreements and other necessary paperwork for events, vendors, etc.
• Review and submit vendor invoices and employee reimbursement claims to office
• Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during visit
• Dining room table service required - formal and informal
• Overseeing all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly
• Providing wine service, cocktail preparation, coffee/tea and beverage service
• Possess a hands-on attitude - providing service when staff or vendors cannot
• Assist principles with packing for trips
• Organize luggage of family members and guests for trips, ensuring principles travel needs are met
• Knowledge in wine and cigar care a plus
• Be available 24/7 for family members; questions, requests or service
• Assist in procuring, wrapping and distributing gifts
• Manage and supervise family members other residencies - maintenance, renovation, and housekeeping (if necessary)
• Conceptualize and produce holiday events for family; birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, Passover, etc.
• Assisting with any additional care of family, including children and pets
• Handling any special requests, duties or errands
Looking for a top notch professional with excellent experience and knowledge of complex mechanical and technical systems pertaining to all aspects of a beautiful townhouse.
All museum quality fine appointments and the essential care required to ensure the safe care and round the clock assurances of all systems in top notch working order.
Liaise with vendors and all contractors and carefully monitor all follow through and workmanship in keeping with a clean and safe work environment and 100% job completion.
Be a great team player, pitch in and be a can-do person to fully and flexibly know when things require your attention. Full maintenance and care of the entire facility and all components that make it run smoothly without any set-backs.
Trouble-shoot, problem solve, follow through and all coordination of all scheduling and all contractors
Work within a very high profile household and respectfully uphold all necessary care and privacy of your employer, family and friends.
MUST be fully experienced and qualified to fulfill the role to the highest standard of excellence.
Thorough background check will be conducted and referencing
Knowledge of Smart-home technology and all electronics and gadgets
Security systems, sound and lighting systems
HVAC, plumbing and electrical
Construction and RFP/RFB
Hands-on experience in a state of the art advanced systems home