ESTATE MANAGER - NYC
New York family seeks an experienced, energetic detail- oriented full time Estate Manager to oversee their principle home located in downtown, Manhattan. Large, active residence with busy family requires an organized individual with a flexible schedule and the ability to multi-task to oversee a myriad of responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
• Work with, manage and supervise contractors and sub-contractors and liaising with architects, designers and art curators
• Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors; HVAC, electrician, plumbing, elevator, etc.
• Supervising construction and renovation projects
• Experience with handling and caring for fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles
• Knowledgeable working with complex household systems; "smart home" systems, Crestron, HVAC, Sonos, etc.
• Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs; landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
• Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality
• Daily walk through of property; interior and exterior - ensuring principles aesthetic
• Be able to travel if needed, passport, driver's license - CPR certified a plus
• Complete oversight of principle home; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures and services
• Manage a large household staff including; housekeepers, chefs, drivers, nannies, security, etc.
• Hire, review and train staff (concierge style attitude and discretion are key)
• Provide weekly and/or monthly schedules for staff - manage vacations and special requests
• Weekly meetings with staff, task delegation, inspections of work
• Work well in and maintain a team environment
• Acting as a point of contact and gatekeeper for principles - providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance and current state of staff
• Constant communication with all staff members - family activity, movement, calendar appointments, guests, dinner parties, in home specialty vendors, etc.
• Order and maintain personal stock for principles; toiletries, clothes, travel supplies, etc.
• Order and maintain household supply inventories - cleaning supplies, linens, beverages and snacks, etc.
• Managing staff environment - ordering groceries and supplies, providing uniforms, upkeep sleeping quarters, providing balance and positive moral
• Communicate and work with other estate managers- updating principles personal products, likes and dislikes, etc. to ensure consistency between all properties
• Keep all closets, drawers and rooms organized and presentable
• Liaison between household and main office; executive assistants, accountants, lawyer, etc.
• Sort and distribute mail to principles and main office
• Organize, package, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household and principles
• Upkeep office supply inventories
• Manage petty cash - maintain and submit record and receipts to main office
• Provide monthly reports for spending with receipts and logs
• Formulate reports of staff hours, cost and any other information requested by principles
• Maintain and update household manuals, employee files and employee and family contact and emergency contact lists
• Formulate Non-Disclosure Agreements and other necessary paperwork for events, vendors, etc.
• Review and submit vendor invoices and employee reimbursement claims to office
• Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during visit
• Dining room table service required - formal and informal
• Overseeing all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly
• Providing wine service, cocktail preparation, coffee/tea and beverage service
• Possess a hands-on attitude - providing service when staff or vendors cannot
• Assist principles with packing for trips
• Organize luggage of family members and guests for trips, ensuring principles travel needs are met
• Knowledge in wine and cigar care a plus
• Be available 24/7 for family members; questions, requests or service
• Assist in procuring, wrapping and distributing gifts
• Manage and supervise family members other residencies - maintenance, renovation, and housekeeping (if necessary)
• Conceptualize and produce holiday events for family; birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, Passover, etc.
• Assisting with any additional care of family, including children and pets
• Handling any special requests, duties or errands